Bridge to Technology Launch Event
A campaign for Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas.
About This Campaign
Light refreshments and drinks will be served.
4:00pm - open house and networking begins
4:45pm - remarks
5:15pm - networking
6:00pm - event concludes; optionally, stay to hear student presentations
Goodwill's programs and services would not be possible without the generous support of our community. Thank you to each of our donors who have supported the Bridge to Technology launch, either directly or through supporting services:
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Health Forward Foundation
- Hallmark Corporate Foundation
- Google Fiber
- Cerner Corporate Foundation
- Saint-Gobain North America Foundation
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- Carrie J. Loose Trust, Bank of America, N.A., Trustee
- Hall Family Foundation
- State Farm
If you would like to support this work, donations for the Goodwill Artemis Institute may be made here: https://donate.mokangoodwill.org/checkout/17123.
Location / Venue
- Add to Calendar
- 800 E 18th Street
- Kansas City, MO 64108
- Oct 28, 2021 04:00 pm to
- Oct 28, 2021 06:00 pm
Campaign to Support Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas
Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas (Goodwill) empowers people to discover their potential and adapt for the future through the power of work. We help job seekers throughout the entire employment continuum; we support individuals in engaging the workforce, retaining work, gaining skills, and advancing their careers. In 2020, we served 12,065 individuals and placed 601 people into new employment.
Goodwill provides workforce development services, job training, and employment in 82 counties across western Missouri and eastern Kansas, focusing our programs in the following counties: Jackson, Clay, Platte, Wyandotte, and Johnson. We support individuals with different abilities and disadvantaging conditions, such as persons with physical challenges or cognitive disorders, limited education and work history, criminal backgrounds, underemployment or unemployment, or a situational barrier such as lack of transportation or housing.
We believe every person deserves the opportunity to work. Employment is more than a paycheck. It is independence, agency, dignity, and equality. Jobs empower people to support themselves and their loved ones, pursue life goals, and participate in their communities.
Goodwill impacts lives through three strategies customized to meet participants’ unique needs:
● Our donated goods retail model provides employment, career planning, and upskilling through the recycling and reselling of material donations in our stores.
● Our commercial and government contracts offer case management and employment for individuals with a different ability.
● Our employment services and workforce development programs provide job training, job coaching, career placement, and ongoing retention supports for people with severe barriers to employment.
Over our 127 years, we have served over 630,000 people, provided over 23,017,000 services and secured over 203,000 jobs.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.842.7425.
Goodwill Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas: 800 E. 18th Street. Kansas City, MO 64108 www.mokangoodwill.org